OUR MISSION & VISION
The main mission of the institution is to produce vocational education teachers to teach the vocational, trades, and all the vocational oriented subjects offered in junior secondary schools and Technical College.
As a tertiary institution, it shall remain rooted in its practices in the best traditional and principles of conduct of higher education. The college seeks to do this by training competent and motivated teachers who can put their knowledge and skills to work in a setting where it makes a difference to the lives of those they are teaching especially. The educational objectives of the college programmes are to:
- Impact on students the science of teaching so that they can function well when they go to junior secondary schools (JSS) as teachers.
- Give the students general management knowledge, providing a thorough knowledge of business and government operations and developing an understanding of internal and external influences in the industrial and public service environments.
- Teach the student problem-solving techniques and have the knowledge of fact-finding and decision-making by studying the analytical tools of quantification, accounting and economics.
- Help the student to develop communication skills, build effective writing, speaking and public relations techniques. So that they will become responsible citizens and conscientious family members and productive workers.
- Admit only individuals with potential for teaching successfully and provide challenging, relevant and rewarding experiences designed to attract and retain students of promise.
- Provide campus-based and supervised field experience to ensure that the theoretical foundations for teaching knowledge can be translated effectively in classroom instruction.
- Help the students to understand the cycles of life-long human growth and development and the major theories of cognitive, affective and psychomotor development and how these affect learning.
- Help the student to have a working knowledge of statistical and research methods sufficient to understand and apply them to the improvement of professional practice.
- To enable students to acquire knowledge in information technology.
Generally, life at the college encourages the development of the whole person intellectually and socially. Students may find out that what they learn about themselves is most enhanced by the other students with whom they relate. We also hope that you will find the institution a real fountain of ideas, a citadel of enlightenment, and a great source of enjoyment and felicity. We are very pleased to welcome you and look forward to successful co-operation between you and the college.